My girlfriend Farrah made these for a Progressive dinner we had at Christmas. I fell in love. These are perfect for a get together, a Super Bowl Party, or any time really. They are heaven! We made them for a get together with friends a few nights ago. They were a hit. For the numbers... there was about 20 people, and we made 48 mushrooms, so they go pretty far!
Ingredients: Package of Cream Cheese (I made mine with 2 packages)
Package of Sausage (Jimmy Dean works great!)
4 packages of Mushrooms (smaller, the better)
Step 1: Brown your sausage in a frying pan.
2. After the sausage is done, open your cream cheese. Cut it into small cubes to put into your sausage mixture.
3. So I wanted the sausage in littler pieces, so I put it in the Magic Bullet or you could use a chopper to make the pieces smaller.
Add in a couple or so pieces of cream cheese at a time. Keep on mixing. It seems like forever, but it will eventually mix in, like the picture below.
5. After it is mixed, I set the mushroom mixture to the side.
6. Start to de-stem the mushrooms. I found the easiest way was to push the stem from the side. That seemed to make them come out a bit easier. Be careful not to crack the sides, like I did. :)
7. Find yourself a "particular" friend or husband, unless you are a particular one yourself, and start rubbing the dirt off the mushrooms. You're not supposed to wash mushrooms with water. It soaks up too much water. Thank you sweet Janeil Brucks!
8. Lay out the de-stemmed and cleaned mushrooms on a cookie sheet. We were able to get 48 mushrooms on a cookie sheet, so 6 to a row.
9. Go to town. Start filling the mushrooms. It makes it easier to use a knife and spoon.
10. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes, or until they are juicy and more brown than they were before.
Share with a friend, but save at least 2 or 3 for yourself. Enjoy!